Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here we go again...

We're Baaack!  I'm going to give this blogging thing another try.  I realized how nice it is to have a way of connecting with family and friends who we don't see very often, or at all!
This past weekend was really fun for our family.  Since Donny left today for Alabama for a week, we wanted to try and do something special.  Friday night we went out to pizza, something we rarely do, and we all left stuffed!  Why is it pizza tastes so much better when you actually eat it at a pizza parlor? =)  Then Saturday we used a free pass we had to go to the nickel arcade.  Donny grew up going to this place, and I have to say, I have grown to really enjoy it too.  There are actually very few video games, it's mostly ticket games, and then the kids get to turn in their tickets for prizes at the end.  The girls left with an inflatable Dora the Explorer and a stuffed monkey which Reece quickly named Monkey Man.  Tyler got some of those popper things you throw on the ground and they make lots of noise, and he also got a parachute guy.  Afterward we went to McDonald's for lunch and to let them play.  By the time we got home they were worn out...bonus! =)  Later that night we decided to have a game night and had a very intense hour long game of Uno.  It was Reece's first time playing on her own, and she won!! She was so happy she started crying.  It was honestly one of those moments I think Donny and I will remember forever.  She was jumping up and down and had tears streaming down her face.  Pure joy.  So cute.
This morning we took Donny to the airport and then headed to church.  There are some Sundays when I just feel like a sponge, soaking it all in and I walk away feeling renewed for the week.  I am so thankful everyday that our family has found a church body that we love so much.
The rest of this week should be interesting.  Donny is gone until Friday night, and my parents (who live super close to us) are also gone to Hawaii for 2 weeks. I am praying for patience, patience, patience.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you are on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Reece's little story just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing these pics of Avery when we were in Hawaii! What a little cutie. Can hardly wait to see her ride her bike in the cul-de-sac.

    ReplyDelete